• QoS Best Practices is achieved by:
- Managing delay, delay variation (jitter), bandwidth, and packet loss
- Classifying and marking traffic as close to the source as possible
- Using NBAR
- Ensuring that real-time traffic gets priority with minimal delay
- Ensuring that business-critical traffic is correctly serviced
- Ensuring that scavenger traffic consumes only a small amount of bandwidth
- Using link efficiency techniques
• QoS has specific requirements for enterprise traffic classes: voice, videoconferencing, bulk data, and mission-critical data.
Was this article helpful?