The show commands are powerful monitoring and troubleshooting tools. You can use the show commands to perform a variety of functions:
• Monitor router behavior during initial installation
• Monitor normal network operation
• Isolate problem interfaces, nodes, media, or applications
• Determine when a network is congested
• Determine the status of servers, clients, or other neighbors Following are some of the most commonly used show commands:
• show interfaces—Use the show interfaces exec command to display statistics for all interfaces configured on the router or access server. The resulting output varies, depending on the network for which an interface has been configured.
Some of the more frequently used show interfaces commands include the following:
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.