The sections in this chapter describe specific LAN switching symptoms, the problems that are likely to cause each symptom, and the solutions to those problems.
The following sections cover the most common network issues in switched network environments:
• LAN Switching: No Connectivity to the Directly Connected LAN
• LAN Switching: No Connectivity to LAN or WAN
• LAN Switching: Cannot Access Out-of-Band Management
• LAN Switching: Catalyst 1600 Token Ring Port Fails to Open
• LAN Switching: Catalyst 1600 Does Not Forward Source-Routed Frames
• LAN Switching: Catalyst 1600 Does Not Forward Source-Route Broadcast Frames
• LAN Switching: Poor Performance
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.