Answer the following questions, and then see Appendix A for the answers.
1. A client with a wireless NIC connects to the wired network through what type of device?
2. Describe the following natural phenomena that might affect RF signals:
3. Fill in the blanks in the following sentences:
Every gain of 3 dBm means that the power is_. A loss of 3 dBm means that the power is_.
A gain of 10 dBm means that the power_by a factor of_. A loss of 10
dBm means that the power_by a factor of_.
4. If a 100 mW signal experiences a 9 dBm loss, what is the resulting signal level?
5. True or false: High-gain antennas provide longer coverage areas than low-gain antennas at the same input power level.
6. At what frequency do the 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g standards operate?
7. What are the nonoverlapping 2.4 GHz channels used in North America?
8. True or false: As the distance from the AP increases, the data rate also increases.
9. Is 802.11a compatible with 802.11g?
For a given area, does 802.11a require more or fewer APs than 802.11b/g to provide coverage?
Is 802.11 communication full-duplex or half-duplex?
What is the difference between an autonomous AP and a lightweight AP?
What is an SSID?
Describe how WLAN authentication and encryption are provided in 802.11i.
What are the five elements of the Cisco UWN?
Which devices and applications comprise the Cisco UWN?
In the Cisco UWN, which device is responsible for putting the wireless client traffic into the appropriate VLAN?
Describe the split-MAC functionality of the UWN architecture.
Describe how 802.1X works within the Cisco UWN.
How does LWAPP work?
How is the WLC connected to an AP?
Define the following WLC terms:
How many AP-manager interfaces can a WLC have? What is the AP-manager interface used for?
Describe the relationships between WLANs, interfaces, and ports on a WLC. How many APs can each of the following WLCs support?
■ Catalyst 3750G Integrated WLC WS-C3750G-24WS-S25
■ Catalyst 3750G Integrated WLC WS-C3750G-24WS-S50
■ 4402 WLC AIR-WLC4402-12-K9
■ 4404 WLC AIR-WLC4404-100-K9
■ Catalyst 6500 Series WiSM
26. How does LAG allow more than 48 APs to be supported on each port of the 440x-based WLC platforms?
27. How does a lightweight AP select which WLC to join?
28. What does an AP in rogue detector mode do?
29. What is mobility? What is roaming? What are intracontroller and intercontroller roaming?
30. How are client entries in the WLC client database handled in Layer 3 and Layer 2 intercontroller roaming?
31. What is the recommended limit on the number of voice calls and the number of data devices that can be supported over a WLAN?
32. What does radio resource management do?
33. List the five typical steps in an RF site survey process.
34. What does the administrator have to configure to support deterministic WLC redundancy?
35. How can secure guest WLAN services be provided in a network?
36. What components comprise a Cisco wireless mesh network?
37. What is the local MAC LWAPP feature?
This page intentionally left blank
This chapter discusses network security solutions and contains the following sections:
The Cisco Self-Defending Network Network Security Solutions Summary References
Case Study 10-1: ACMC Hospital Network Security Design
Case Study 10-2: ACMC Hospital Network—Connecting More Hospitals
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.