• A virtual path is a collection of virtual circuits with a common virtual path identifier (VPI).
• Two main usages for ATM Virtual Path:
- Connecting two LC-ATM domains across a public network
- Network migration toward IP+ATM
• When you are configuring ATM Virtual Path on switches, the virtual path number equals the subinterface number that is created.
• When you are configuring ATM Virtual Path on routers, the control virtual circuit needs to be established within the virtual path.
• 2003, Cisco Systems, Inc. All right* reserved. MPLS v2.0-3-12
Was this article helpful?