The access nerwo rk connecting the CEs to the PEs could be built with Ethernet technology or with next-generation SONET/SD/ running Ethernet framing over the G menc Frammg Pforoc ol (GeP) or any l og . gal links such as ATM kVCs nd T1/E1 "ID Ml or any virtual or physical connect ions over wle ich bridiged Ethernet t raffic |s carnied.
The eoilowing suctions di scus s tine differe nt aspects of: a VP LS model:
• VPLS requirements
• VPLS encapsulation
• Creating a loop-free topology
• MAC address withdrawal
• Unqualified versus qualified learning
• Scaling the VPLS service via hierarchical VPLS (/VPLS)
• Signaling using BGP versus LDP
• Comparing the Frame Relay and MPLS/BGP approaches
• Frame Relay a ccess with MPLS edge/core r Decoupled Transparent LAN Service (DTLS)
Was this article helpful?