As mentioned in the introduction, you have two choices for review questions. The questions that follow give you a bigger challenge than the exam because they use an open-ended question format. By reviewing now with this more difficult question format, you can exercise your memory better and prove your conceptual and factual knowledge of this chapter. You can find the answers to these questions in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam-like question formats, including questions that use a router simulator and multiple choice format, use the exam engine on the CD.
1. List at least four common symptoms of physical layer problems.
2. List at least four common symptoms of data link layer problems.
3. Name an end system command for isolating physical and data link layer problems.
4. What does the end system command netstat -rn do?
5. Name a Microsoft Windows command that is useful for isolating physical and data link layer problems.
6. Name a UNIX/Mac OS X command that is useful for isolating physical and data link layer problems.
7. List at least two Cisco IOS commands for isolating physical and data link layer problems.
8. Which Cisco IOS command would be useful for troubleshooting data link address resolution?
9. List at least two valid guidelines for isolating problems at the physical and data link layers.
Was this article helpful?