As mentioned in the introduction, you have two choices for review questions. The questions that follow give you a bigger challenge than the exam does because they use an open-ended question format. By reviewing now with this more difficult question format, you can exercise your memory better and prove your conceptual and factual knowledge of this chapter. You can find the answers to these questions in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam-like question formats, including questions that use a router simulator and multiple choice format, use the exam engine on the CD.
1. List at least three possible symptoms of transport layer problems.
2. List at least three possible symptoms of application layer problems.
3. Provide at least one of the guidelines for isolating problems at the transport and application layers.
4. What do the commands ipconfig and winipcfg do? How are they different?
5. What are the well-known TCP ports for the SMTP and POP protocols?
6. Explain the purpose and result of the copy flash tftp command.
7. Provide the command that allows you to test Telnet functionality from a router using the address of a particular interface.
8. Which Cisco IOS debug command allows you to inspect real-time DHCP server events?
Was this article helpful?