As mentioned in the introduction, you have two choices for review questions. The questions that follow give you a bigger challenge than the exam because they use an open-ended question format. By reviewing now with this more difficult question format, you can exercise your memory better and prove your conceptual and factual knowledge of this chapter. You can find the answers to these questions in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam-like question formats, including questions that use a router simulator and multiple choice format, use the exam engine on the CD.
1. At which stage of the encapsulated data flow process is a header that includes network address information added to each segment?
2. Explain Stage 2 of the encapsulated data flow process.
3. Explain Stage 3 of the encapsulated data flow process.
4. Explain Stage 4 of the encapsulated data flow process.
5. List the layers of the OSI model that TCP/IP's network interface layer maps to.
6. Name the layer or layers of the OSI model that TCP/IP's Internet layer maps to.
7. Identify the layer or layers of the OSI model that TCP/IP's application layer maps to.
8. List the layer or layers of the OSI model that TCP/IP's transport layer maps to.
9. Which logical layers does a router map to?
10. Name the logical layers that a firewall maps to.
11. List the logical layers that a multilayer switch maps to.
12. What are the logical layers that a standard Layer 2 switch maps to?
13. Identify the logical layer that a hub maps to.
14. Name the logical layers that an end system maps to.
Was this article helpful?