In this activity, you will use the Internet, a newspaper, or a local store to gather information and then enter the specifications for a laptop docking station onto this worksheet. Be prepared to discuss your decisions regarding the docking station you select.
Instructor Note: You may choose another laptop docking station to research. The answers here are specific to the IBM T-43. Most laptops will use manufacturer proprietary docking stations.
1. Research a docking station compatible with a(n) IBM T-43 laptop. (Please ask your instructor for the laptop model to research.) What is the model number of the docking station?
IBM docking station part number 54G0441
2. What is the approximate cost? $140
3. What are the dimensions of the docking station? Height: 0.89 inches, 22.6 mm
Width: 10.6 inches, 269 mm Depth: 8.3 inches, 210.5 mm
4. How does the laptop connect to the docking station?
The laptop has a docking station connector on the underside of the laptop, which attaches to a connector on the docking station.
5. List the features available with this docking station. Key lock security features and security key hole Hot/warm docking support
Built-in stereo speakers
Parallel, serial, USB, RJ-11, RJ-45, VGA, one PS/2 Keyboard/mouse port
Second battery support (for optional ThinkPad Ultrabay Slim Li-Polymer Battery) Ultrabay Slim device support 3 USB 2.0 ports
6. Is this docking station compatible with other laptop models? Yes, this docking station works with the entire IBM T series.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.