The questions and scenarios in this book are designed to be challenging and to make sure that you know the answer. Rather than allowing you to derive the answers from clues hidden inside the questions themselves, the questions challenge your understanding and recall of the subject.
Hopefully, mastering these questions will help you limit the number of exam questions on which you narrow your choices to two options, and then guess.
You can find the answers to these questions in Appendix A. For more practice with exam-like question formats, use the exam engine on the CD-ROM.
1. Describe, generically, the process of process switching a packet.
2. How is process switching different from fast switching?
3. Describe the process of packet switching with CEF as opposed to process switching and/or fast switching.
4. What is an MPLS label stack?
6. Consider a network deployed using a full-mesh topology with Frame Relay versus one deployed using MPLS. Both provide any-to-any connectivity. What is the benefit of MPLS over Frame Relay in this regard?
7. In MPLS networks, where are full routing table lookups performed for packets in transit?
8. When is a CEF-FIB updated?
Was this article helpful?