As mentioned in the introduction, you have two choices for review questions. The questions that follow give you a bigger challenge than the exam itself by using an open-ended question format. By reviewing now with this more difficult question format, you can exercise your memory better and prove your conceptual and factual knowledge of this chapter. The answers to these questions are found in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam like question formats, including questions using a router simulator and multiple-choice questions, use the exam engine on the CD.
1. Which interior IP routing protocols covered in this chapter support VLSM?
2. Which IP routing protocols covered in this chapter use distance vector logic?
3. Which interior IP routing protocols covered in this chapter are considered to converge quickly?
4. Compare distance vector and link-state protocols in terms of what information is sent in routing updates.
5. List three similarities between EIGRP's balanced hybrid logic and link-state logic.
6. Explain the basic concept behind why some routing protocols support VLSM and some do not.
7. Explain the difference between interior and exterior routing protocols.
8. Explain the difference between full and partial routing updates.
9. Define the term balanced hybrid in relation to the terms distance vector and link state.
10. Compare and contrast the types of information sent in distance vector routing updates versus link-state routing updates.
11. What term describes the underlying logic behind the OSPF routing protocol?
Was this article helpful?