1. Which of the following best describes the main function of OSI Layer 1 protocols? Answer: B
2. Which of the following typically connects to a four-wire line provided by a telco? Answer: B
3. Which of the following typically connects to a V.35 or RS-232 end of a cable when cabling a leased line?
4. Which of the following functions of OSI Layer 2 is specified by the protocol standard for PPP, but is implemented with a Cisco proprietary header field for HDLC?
5. Which of the following WAN data link protocols on Cisco routers support multiple Layer 3 protocols by virtue of having some form of Protocol Type field?
6. On a point-to-point WAN link between two routers, what device(s) are considered to be the DTE devices?
7. Imagine that Router1 has three point-to-point serial links, one link each to three remote routers. Which of the following is true about the required HDLC addressing at Router1?
8. What is the name of the Frame Relay field used to identify Frame Relay Virtual Circuits? Answer: A
9. Which of the following is true about Frame Relay virtual circuits? Answer: B
10. Which of the following defines a SONET link speed around 155 Mbps? Answer: E
Was this article helpful?