1. Which of the following protocols are examples of TCP/IP transport layer protocols? Answer: D and F
2. Which of the following protocols are examples of TCP/IP network interface layer protocols?
Answer: A and G
3. Which OSI layer defines the functions of logical network-wide addressing and routing?
4. Which OSI layer defines the standards for cabling and connectors? Answer: A
5. Which OSI layer defines the standards for data formats and encryption? Answer: F
6. Which of the following terms are not valid terms for the names of the seven OSI layers?
Answer: C and E
7. The process of HTTP asking TCP to send some data and make sure that it is received correctly is an example of what?
8. The process of TCP on one computer marking a segment as segment 1, and the receiving computer then acknowledging the receipt of segment 1, is an example of what?
9. The process of a web server adding a HTTP header to a web page, followed by adding a TCP header, then an IP header, and then data link header and trailer is an example of what?
10. Which of the following terms is used specifically to identify the entity that is created when encapsulating data inside data-link headers and trailers?
Was this article helpful?