The purpose of this assessment quiz is to help you determine how to spend your limited study time.
If you can answer most or all of these questions, you might want to skim the "Foundation Topics" section and return to it later, as necessary. Review the "Foundation Summary" section and answer the questions at the end of the chapter to ensure that you have a strong grasp of the material covered.
If you already intend to read the entire chapter, you do not necessarily need to answer these questions now. If you find these assessment questions difficult, read through the entire "Foundation Topics" section and review it until you feel comfortable with your ability to answer all of these questions and the "Q & A" questions at the end of the chapter.
Answers to these questions can be found in Appendix A, "Answers to Quiz Questions."
1. RFC 1700 defines what well-known ports for DNS?
a. TCP port 21
b. TCP port 23
c. UDP port 21
d. UDP port 53
e. TCP/UDP port 53
2. What supplies DNS security?
a. A default username/password pairing b. A TFTP directory c. A filename d. A domain name e. None of these
3. What Cisco IOS command will stop a Cisco router from querying a DNS server when an invalid Cisco IOS command is entered at the EXEC or PRIV prompt?
a. no ip domain-lookup b. no ip dns-lookup c. no ip dns-queries d. no exec
4. What does the following Cisco IOS global configuration mode line accomplish?
ip host SimonisaCCIE 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
a. Defines the router name as SimonisaCCIE
b. Defines a local host name, SimonisaCCIE, mapped to IP addresses 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
c. Configures the Cisco IOS router for remote routing entries 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
d. Nothing, because it is not a valid Cisco IOS command e. Configures the local routers with the IP address 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 on bootup
5. TFTP uses what predefined UDP port number?
6. What Cisco IOS command will copy a Cisco IOS image from the current system flash to a TFTP server?
a. copy tftp image:
b. copy flash tftp c. copy tftp flash d. copy tftp tftp
7. Suppose a client calls and advises you that an FTP data transaction is not allowing the client to view the host's directory structure. What are the most likely causes of the problem? (Choose all that apply.)
a. The client's username/password combination is wrong.
b. The client's FTP data port is not connected.
c. The host machine has denied the client access because the password is wrong.
d. A serious network outage has occurred, which requires that you reload the router closest to the client.
e. An access list is stopping port 20 from detailing the directory list.
8. FTP runs over what Layer 4 protocol?
9. HTTPs traffic uses what TCP port number?
10. SNMP is restricted on Cisco routers by what Cisco IOS command?
a. snmp-server enable b. snmp-server community string c. snmp-server ip-address d. snmp-server no access permitted
11. TFTP uses which of the following?
a. Username/password pairs to authorize transfers b. TCP port 169
c. UDP port 169
d. Can use UDP/TCP and port 69
e. None of these is correct
12. Which of the following statements is true regarding SSL?
a. Every packet sent between host and client is authenticated.
b. Encryption is used after a simple handshake is completed; that is, after the client is authenticated.
c. SSL uses port 2246.
d. SSL is not a predefined standard.
e. SSL does not perform any data integrity checks.
13. What is the HELO SMTP command used for?
a. To authenticate SMTP clients.
b. To identify SMTP clients.
c. This is an unknown standard.
d. The HELO command is used in SNMP (not SMTP).
14. POP3 clients can do what?
a. Receive SNMP queries.
b. Retrieve mail.
c. Send SNMP queries.
d. The POP3 protocol is a routing algorithm.
15. NTP uses what well-known TCP port as defined by RFC 1700?
16. Secure Shell (SSH) is used to do what?
a. Disable spanning tree on Catalyst 5000 switches.
b. Protect the data link layer only from attacks.
c. Protect the TCP/IP host with an encrypted channel.
d. Allow TCP/IP access to all networks without any security.
e. SSH is used only in the data link layer.
17. Which of the following protocols can be authenticated? (Select the best four answers.)
a. Telnet b. HTTP
c. HTTPs d. Spanning tree protocol (STP)
18. What is the community string value when the following Cisco IOS commands are entered in global configuration mode?
snmp-server community publiC RO snmp-server enable traps config snmp-server host 18.104.22.168 isdn a. ISDN
b. Config c. publiC
d. public e. Public f. More data required
19. Which of the following best describes an SNMP inform request?
a. Requires no acknowledgment.
b. Requires an acknowledgment from the SNMP agent.
c. Requires an acknowledgment from the SNMP manager.
d. Only SNMP traps can be implemented on Cisco IOS routers.
20. What UDP port number will SNMP traps be sent from?
21. What TCP port number will an SNMP inform acknowledgment packet be sent to?
f. None of these
22. To restrict SNMP managers from the source network 22.214.171.124/30, what Cisco IOS command is required?
a. ip http enable 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
b. snmp community 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
c. snmp-server community SimonisCool ro 4
access-list 4 permit 18.104.22.168 0.0.0.3
d. snmp-server community SimonisCool ro 4
e. snmp-server community SimonisCool ro 1
access-list 11 permit 22.214.171.124 0.0.0.252
23. Cisco IOS SSH supports what version of SSH?
a. SSH version 1 only b. SSH version 2 only c. Both versions 1 and 2
d. SSH version 3
24. When enabling Cisco IOS SSH on a Cisco IOS router, which of the following is not a required step?
a. Configure the hostname command.
b. Configure the DNS domain.
c. Generate a secret and enable password.
d. Type the command transport input [ssh].
25. What Cisco IOS command will enable an SSH client session with the username cisco, encryption 3DES, and target IP address 10.1.1.1/24?
b. Simon(config-term)#ssh -c 3des -l Cisco 10.1.1.1
d. None of these
26. SSH provides a security mechanism but lacks one certain feature. What feature is that?
a. Provides a secure private channel for all messages.
b. Endpoints are authenticated.
c. Each transmission requires authentication.
d. A message integrity check.
27. What protocol allows network administrators to monitor IDS sensors and what two protocols can be used?
a. RDEP and HTTP/SSL
b. RDEP and HTTP/SSL
c. RIP and HTTP/SSL
d. LDAP and HTTP/SSL
Was this article helpful?