As mentioned in the introduction, you have two choices for review questions: here in the book or the exam questions on the CD-ROM. The answers to these questions appear in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam format questions, use the exam engine on the CD-ROM.
1. When using PPDIOO design methodology, what should a network designer do after identifying the customer requirements?
a. Design the network topology b. Design a test network c. Plan the implementation d. Characterize the existing network
2. Which module within the Enterprise campus connects to the Enterprise Edge module?
a. Server module b. Campus Core c. Building Distribution d. Remote access/VPN module
3. What WAN technology is most cost effective and suitable for the telecommuter?
b. Dark fiber c. ISDN
4. What two modules are found in the Enterprise Edge?
a. Campus Core b. Building Access c. Internet d. MAN/WAN
5. Which of the following statements best describes window size for good throughput?
a. A large window size reduces the number of acknowledgments.
b. A small window size reduces the number of acknowledgments.
c. A small window size provides better performance.
d. None of the above
6. What is the default queuing mechanism for router interfaces below 2.0 Mbps?
a. Traffic shaping b. WFQ
7. Which of the following best describes the PPDIOO design methodology? (Select three.)
a. Analyze the network requirements b. Characterize the existing network c. Implement the network management d. Design the network topology
8. Which of the following modules belongs in the Enterprise Edge?
a. Building Distribution b. Campus Core c. Network Management d. DMZ/E-commerce
9. Which network modules connect to ISPs in the Enterprise Edge? (Select two.)
a. Building Distribution b. Campus Core c. Internet d. DMZ/E-commerce
10. Which Enterprise Edge network module(s) connect(s) using the PSTN connectivity?
a. Remote Access/VPN
b. Campus Core c. Building Access d. DMZ/E-commerce
11. Which Enterprise Edge network module(s) connect(s) using Frame Relay and ATM?
a. Remote Access/VPN
c. Building Distribution d. Server Farm
12. During which part of the PPDIOO design methodology does implementation planning occur?
a. Analyze the network requirements b. Design the topology c. Characterize the existing network d. None of the above
13. What functional area provides connectivity between the central site and remote sites?
a. DMZ/E-commerce b. Campus Core c. Building Distribution d. MAN/WAN
14. What WAN technology allows the enterprise to control framing?
a. Cable b. Wireless c. DWDM
d. Dark fiber
15. Which QoS method uses a strict PQ in addition to modular traffic classes?
b. Policing c. WFQ
16. A T1 TDM circuit uses how many timeslots?
17. True or false: ISDN uses LMI for its signaling protocol.
18. True or false: DSL technology is analog technology over coaxial cable.
19. True or false: SONET/SDH supports automated recovery and self-healing mechanisms.
20. True or false: The DE bit set to 0 on a frame indicates to the Frame Relay network that this frame can be dropped.
21. Which wireless implementation is designed to connect two wireless networks in different buildings?
a. Mobile wireless b. GPRS
c. Bridge wireless d. UMTS
22. What improves the utilization of optical fiber strands?
23. On the ISP side of a cable provider, cable modems connect to what system?
24. If Frame Relay, ATM, and SONET technologies are used, what Enterprise Edge network module would they connect to?
b. VPN/Remote Access c. Internet d. DMZ/E-commerce
25. True or false: Network design requirements are driven by two primary goals: application availability and cost of investment/usage.
26. True or false: Analog dialup technology is a good backup solution for DSL and cable modem access.
27. True or false: Frame Relay SVCs are used more predominantly than PVCs.
28. True or false: ADSL uses the downstream bandwidth, which is higher than the upstream bandwidth, or asymmetrical.
29. What protocol describes data-over-cable procedures that the equipment must support?
Was this article helpful?