As mentioned in the Introduction, you have two choices for review questions: here in the book or the exam questions on the CD-ROM. The answers to these questions appear in Appendix A.
For more practice with exam format questions, use the exam engine on the CD-ROM.
1. What is the maximum data rate of IEEE 802.11g?
2. What is the typical data rate of IEEE 802.11n?
3. What are some difficulties with having to manage hundreds of standalone access points?
4. What standard does IEEE 802.11i use for confidentiality, integrity, and authentication?
5. List at least four benefits of Cisco UWN.
6. True or false: With Split-MAC, the control and data frames are load-balanced between the LWAP and the WLC.
7. True or false: With Split-MAC, the WLC, not the LWAP, is responsible for authentication and key management.
8. What LWAPP transport mode is the preferred and most scalable?
c. Layer 3
9. What is the preferred intercontroller roaming option?
c. Layer 3
10. What device places user traffic on the appropriate VLAN?
a. Lightweight AP
b. WLAN controller c. MAP
11. How many access points are supported in a mobility group using Cisco 4400 series WLCs?
12. What is the recommended number of data devices an AP can support for best performance?
a. About 6
d. About 20
13. What is the recommended number of VoWLAN devices an AP can support for best performance?
d. About 20
14. What method is used to manage radio frequency channels and power configuration?
15. What is the typical latency per wireless mesh hop in milliseconds?
d. About 20
16. What is the recommended maximum RTT between an AP and the WLC?
17. What is the recommended controller redundancy technique?
b. Static c. Dynamic d. Deterministic
18. What is the recommended best practice for guest services?
a. Use separate VLANs b. Use separate routers and access lists c. Obtain a DSL connection and bridge to the local LAN
d. Use EolP to isolate traffic to the DMZ
19. What is the recommended best practice for branch WLANs?
a. Use H-REAP with centralized controllers b. Use local-MAP
c. Use wireless mesh design d. Use EolP
20. What are two recommended best practices for WLC design?
a. Maximize intercontroller roaming b. Minimize intercontroller roaming c. Use distributed controller placement d. Use centralized controller placement
21. How many APs does the Cisco 6500 WLC module support?
22. Match each LWAPP access point mode with its description:
i. Local ii. REAP
iii. Monitor iv. Rogue detector v. Sniffer vi. Bridge a. For location-based services b. Captures packets c. For point-to-point connections d. Default mode e. Management across the WAN
f. Monitors rouge APs
23. Match each WLC interface type with its description:
i. Management ii. Service-port iii. AP manager iv. Dynamic v. Virtual a. Authentication and mobility b. Analogous to user VLANs c. Discovery and association d. Out-of-band management e. In-band management
24. Match each roaming technique with its client database entry change:
i. Intracluster roaming ii. Layer 2 intercluster roaming iii. Layer 3 intercluster roaming a. The client entry is moved to a new WLC
b. The client entry is updated on the same WLC
c. The client entry is copied to a new WLC
25. Match each UDP port with its protocol:
i. LWAPP data ii. RF group 802.11b/g iii. WLC encrypted exchange iv. LWAPP control v. WLC unencrypted exchange a. UDP 12114
b. UDP 12222
c. UDP 12223
d. UDP 16666
e. UDP 16667
26. Match each wireless mesh component with its description:
a. Root of the mesh network b. Remote APs c. Networkwide configuration and management d. Links APs to the wired network
27. How many MAP nodes are recommended per rooftop AP?
28. Which of the following shows the correct order of the steps in an RF site survey?
a. Define requirements, document findings, perform the survey, determine preliminary AP locations, identify coverage areas.
b. Define requirements, perform the survey, determine preliminary AP locations, identify coverage areas, document findings.
c. Identify coverage areas, define requirements, determine preliminary AP locations, perform the survey, document findings.
d. Define requirements, identify coverage areas, determine preliminary AP locations, perform the survey, document findings.
29. What technique performs dynamic channel assignment, power control, and interference detection and avoidance?
c. Mobility d. LEAP
30. What are the three nonoverlapping channels of IEEE 802.11b/g?
31. Which of the following statements is true?
a. IEEE 802.11g is backward-compatible with 802.11b; 802.11a is not compatible with 802.11b.
b. IEEE 802.11a is backward-compatible with 802.11b; 802.11g is not compatible with 802.11b.
c. IEEE 802.11b is backward-compatible with 802.11a; 802.11g is not compatible with 802.11b.
d. IEEE 802.11n is backward-compatible with 802.11a and 802.11g.
32. What is necessary when you use LEAP for authentication?
c. RADIUS server d. LWAP
Was this article helpful?