The design should be documented throughout the process. Documentation should include the following items:
• All the agreed-to requirements and constraints
• The state of the existing network, if any
• Preliminary design options and a brief review of why the final design was chosen
• Final design details
• Results of any pilot or prototype testing
• Deployment plans, schedules, and other implementation details
• Monitoring requirements
• Any other pertinent information
Documentation should be started in the PDIOO Design phase but might not be complete until well into the Implement phase. Updates to the design documentation can be made in the Operate and Optimize phases if redesign is required.
Was this article helpful?