The topology table includes the following information:
• Whether the route is passive or active.
• That an update has been sent to the neighbors.
• That a query packet has been sent to the neighbors. If this field is positive, at least one route will be marked as active.
• If a query packet has been sent, another field will track whether any replies have been received from the neighbors.
• That a reply packet has been sent in response to a query packet received from a neighbor.
• The remote networks.
• The prefix or mask for the remote network.
• The metric for the remote network, the FD.
• The metric for the remote network advertised by the next logical hop, the AD.
• The outgoing interface to be used to reach the next logical hop.
• The successors, the path to the remote network stated in hops.
Was this article helpful?