Scenario 4-2 provides you with the data produced with the Cisco router IOS command show ip route. A legend defining the fields of the sample output is also provided to assist in answering the questions for Scenario 4-2.
Example 4-2 contains sample output from the show ip route command. Example 4-2 show ip route Command Output
Codes: I - IGRP derived, R - RIP derived, H - Hello derived, O - OSPF derived C - connected, S - static, E - EGP derived, B - BGP derived * - candidate default route, IA - OSPF inter area route E1 - OSPF external type 1 route, E2 - OSPF external type 2 route
Gateway of last resort is 22.214.171.124 to network 126.96.36.199
O E2 188.8.131.52 [160/5] via 184.108.40.206, O E2 220.127.116.11 [160/5] via 18.104.22.168, E 22.214.171.124 [200/128] via 126.96.36.199,
0:01:00, Ethernet2 3:02:22, Ethernet2 0:00:59, Ethernet2
0:00:59, Ethernet2 0:02:22, Ethernet2 0:02:22, Ethernet2 3:02:22, Ethernet2 0:02:22, Ethernet2 3:02:23, Ethernet2
The following information defines the fields reported in the show ip route command:
• The first column lists the protocol that derived the route.
• The second column may list certain protocol-specific information as defined in the display header.
• The third column lists the address of the remote network. The first number in the brackets is the administrative distance of the information source; the second number is the metric for the route.
• The fourth column specifies the address of the router that can build a route to the specified remote network.
• The fifth column specifies the last time that the route was updated, in hours:minutes:seconds.
• The final column specifies the interface through which the specified network can be reached.
Answer the following questions by using the output from the preceding show ip route command.
1 What routing protocol derived the route 188.8.131.52?
2 What router interface IP address is used to reach IP network 184.108.40.206?
3 When was the last time that the route 220.127.116.11 was updated?
4 Through which router interface can the IP network 18.104.22.168 be reached?
Was this article helpful?